Anthony Middle School Academic Honesty Policy
Academic honesty and personal integrity are fundamental components of a student’s education and character development. Anthony Middle School expects that principled students will not cheat, lie, plagiarize, or commit other acts of academic dishonesty. The wellbeing of the entire school community depends on the student accepting responsibility for personal conduct in both social and academic endeavors.
Plagiarism is not tolerated at Anthony Middle School. Plagiarism includes (but is not limited to) the following:
● Using someone else’s words or ideas without proper citation
● Copying someone else’s work and calling it your own
● Copying and citing a work that is longer than a paragraph (print or online sources)
Cheating is work that doesn’t reflect your own effort and understanding. This can take many forms and will not be tolerated at Anthony Middle School.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following:
● Looking at others’ answers on tests and homework
● Taking someone else’s paper and putting your name on it
● Copying someone else’s work, answer for answer
● Rearranging words from someone else’s work
● Allowing someone to copy from your paper
● Telling someone else the answers on an assignment or test
● Having someone else do your work for you (Friends, Family, Tutors, etc.)
There are other forms of academic dishonesty that will not be tolerated at Anthony Middle School. They include:
● Making up data for an assignment
● Claiming to have handed in an assignment when the student knows they have not done so
● Sabotaging someone else’s work
Teachers and administrators will support each other in cases of academic dishonesty. In any case of academic dishonesty, the participants will receive a zero on the assignment and may be given the chance to redo it for a grade no higher than a C.
It is the hope of the teachers and administration at Anthony Middle School that all students will be honest in all of their academic endeavors.
5757 Irving Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55419
Telephone: 612.668.3240 | Fax:612.668.3250